January 05, 2011

RACHEL ROY.


Rachel Roy 2011 Spring Collection
Wow, how do I start to explain how cool Rachel Roy is?... First, she's sophisticated, classic, and inventive. Second, she employs women in Africa who make beaded bracelets and clutches, so that they can gain their own independence and freedom through creating beautiful pieces. Third, Rachel created and sells a "Kindess is always Fashionable" tote in order to raise money for flood survivors/victims in Pakistan (all proceeds going directly to UNICEF).  Lastly, Rachel Roy designs beautiful silhouettes and is currently one of the most inspiring American fashion designers.  Rachel debuted her collection in 2005 and has since grown to 4 full collections per year. The best part about her designs are that they are mostly day to evening and provide a fun color palette. Her clothes are becoming more accessible as her collections grow, which makes me and the rest of the world very happy.  At first, Rachel's clothes were only sold in specialty stores, but now RACHEL ROY is available at Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstom!  Go Rachel!

"In hindsight, my initial love for fashion was about hope and evolving to become the type of woman I wanted to be: strong, confident and feminine. I always loved the idea of dressing up--my wardrobe and how I present myself reflecting how I feel on the inside. That is what I do for other people now. I give women the means to express themselves and be who they are and who they aspire to be, and I think there is a real beauty in this."

RACHEL ROY, Newsweek, Oct. 15, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment